The Elizabeth and James Nirvana fragrance has been on my wish list since it launched 18 months ago, along with Too Faced’s Better than Sex Mascara and Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturiser. Que a rare moment of sheer happiness when I discovered Sephora’s current beauty closet collection contains all three aforementioned items, along with 17 other heavily-coveted must-haves. I LOVE Sephora’s Beauty Closets – Every trip Stateside I’ve made in the last few years has resulted in a new collection. They last forever and are well worth the investment. A Sephora Favourites Mascara Collection I picked up over two years ago only came to an end a few weeks ago – (I allowed myself to open only one at a time so they would’t dry out!). And so, I obviously could not resist indulging in the current Beauty Favourites, which contains the following (deep breath!):
- – 0.23 oz Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm
– 0.085 oz Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Clear Brow Gel
– 0.04 oz Full-size Ardency Inn MODSTER Smooth Ride Supercharged eyeliner in Gold
– 0.15 oz bareMinerals Mini READY™ Touch Up Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Translucent
– Full-size Beautyblender® micro.mini sponge applicator
– 0.34 oz Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector™ in Opal
– 0.04 oz Bite Beauty BB for Lips in Flush
– 0.24 oz Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black eau de parfum rollerball
– 0.4 oz Full-size Formula X Nail Color in Fahrenheit
– 0.33 oz Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
– 0.16 oz Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil
– 0.12 oz Julep Freedom™ Polymer Top Coat
– 0.10 oz Lancôme Paris Lip Lover in 355 Framboise Etoile
– 1 oz Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 in Nude
– 1 oz Living Proof Prime Style Extender
– 0.5 oz Ole Henriksen® truth serum® collagen booster
– 0.07 oz SEPHORA COLLECTION Colorful Mono eye shadow in #32 Pop Idol
– 0.25 oz Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 in Light/Medium
– 0.07 oz Stila Convertible Color in Peony
– 0.11 oz Tarte Amazonian clay waterproof bronzer in Park Ave Princess™
– 0.17 oz Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara
I picked the collection up for a total of $99 (plus VAT)… with an American retail value of $300. If purchased in Ireland it would total well over €400 so it was on absolute steal in my justified opinion!
First off, the presentation is beautiful (as always) – The actual box is so PRETTY! But of course it’s what’s on the inside that counts… Every product is one I will use. I was slightly apprehensive about the various skin products (ie: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser, Bare Minerals Touch Up Veil Powder and the Smashbox BB Cream) not being matches for my fair skin tone, but they’re actually perfect (luckily). So i guess if you’re olive/dark skinned, this collection may not be ideal.
Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black is INCREDIBLE; If only the internet was capable of smellivison. Nirvana Black is a blend of rich vanilla, sandalwood and violet… AKA right up my street as Cheryl would say, as I’m obsessed with anything vanilla-esque. Sephora describes it as “striking the perfect balance between masculine and feminine” and I agree, it could (almost) pass for aftershave. In the best possible way. OBSESSED.
One item I hadn’t passed to much heed on until opening is the Ardency Inn Modster Eyeliner in Gold. Oh my Lordy Lord, it is stunning! As in, it’s probably my favourite cosmetic product in the collection (so far anyway!). It’s the creamiest, heavily pigmented eyeliner ever and looks beautiful along the lower lash on blue eyes. I absolutely adore it.
I’m also seriously impressed with the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (as I knew I would be). It transforms your skin into silk, it’s a fabulous product. I’m dying to play with the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector also, which adds a beautiful subtle glow (to my back of my hand anyway when swatched!). The Tarte bronzer in Park Avenue Princess is a gorgeous shade – very golden which is perfect for my skin tone. Also I’m loving the Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel, and know already it’s a product I’ll be using daily.
Skincare wise, if you’ve read any of my other posts, you’ll know I’m incredibly obsessed with eye creams at the moment. The Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm will definitely not go to waste! Serums are also so hawt right now, as is Vitamin C. I’ll let you know how i get on with the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Complex, which I am (so far) so happy with. It smells the exact same as Image’s Vital C range (which is a fab citrusy scent) and feels very hydrating on the skin.
Living Proof is a brand I’ve yet to try, and so I’m delighted with the Prim Style Extender. it aims to extend any hair style by double the time, so I’ll see how I get on with that!
As for duds in the pack, there actually aren’t any to be honest! The Formula X nail polish is something I probably would never go for on it’s own, but now that I see it I quite like the berry red hue (it’s the shade Fahrenheit). And the micro-mini beauty blender is a tad ridiculous, like realistically I’ll lose that in a day or two… Although I’m still quite intrigued by it!