What to buy a Mama in need this Mother’s Day?! (which is March 11th for all those needing a push and a nudge)…
Fret not; I’ve skimmed the ‘net to inspire y’all with plenty of gift ideas to suit budgets little and large.
- For the mother who wants for nada, you could do far, far worse than invest in a Bouquet Box subscription. Bouquet Box is an Irish owned flower delivery service, where for €16 per bouquet your lovely Mammy will receive fresh flowers straight to her door, weekly/fortnightly/monthly. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
- Can you ever go too far wrong with a gorgeous candle? I’m more than obsessed with Sass and Boho candles at the moment – their fragrance fills a room within minutes of gettin’ lit (yeoo), and burn beautifully. Their The Bog candle (£23) is next on my list to try.
- Another obsession of mine at the moment are Butlers Pink Himalayan Salted Caramel Chocolates. Jesus H Christ they are incredible. Did you know Butlers let you create your own hamper online? #SayNoMoreSaysI
- Another safe bet whatever your Mum’s inclination, is afternoon tea. If you’re looking for a venue in or around Dublin, I vote The Intercontinental. You can read my thoughts on their G&Tea option here!
- For beauty related presents, I love a bitta L’Occitane. Should all your siblings be joining forces (or if you’re going all out!) your Mam would forever appreciate the Divine Face Care Trilogy €189 (she told me!). Should your budget not stretch that far, the Immortelle Divine Cream (€89) as a stand alone gift is worth its weight in gold.
- If books are right up your Mum’s street, Jo Malone: My Story (€25 My Shining Armour) makes for a fascinating read.
- For the mother who loves a bitta bling, how beeeautiful is Juvi’s Atoll Ring €119. Need, want, love. (So gorgeous in gold, also.)
- For the more frugal of budgets, Betty and Biddy have gotcha covered. With discount codes and buy-one-get-one-half-price offers falling out of their site, they’re practically giving away bling. I love these star hoops for a mere €12!
- A fabulous hand cream always goes down a treat. L’Occitane’s Shea Butter Hand Cream (€24) is a best seller, and their collab with Rifle Paper Co makes for the prettiest of packaging.
- How’s about a gorge new lipstick for Mama Dearest? I wouldn’t say no to Charlotte Tilbury’s Bitch Perfect (£24 Cult Beauty) if you’re asking… #AlsoWantPillowtalk
- And speaking of Charlotte T, any makeup loving mother would adore some Filmstar Bronze and Glow prettiness (£49 Cult Beauty).
- As for perfumes, how bougie beautiful does Bella Freud Close to my Heart look? (£95). I haven’t smelled this so can’t vouch for the scent but it looks and sounds divine!
- Baths are always a luxury to Mums, and Mio Liquid Yoga Restorative Bath Soak (€30.95 Cloud 10 Beauty) makes for some ultimate relaxation.
- And last but not least, (and what I’m hoping Pearl buys me!) is a Lanaiblo hair dryer (€100). Word on the street is these halve your hair drying time, which has me sold. For the mum who wants a practical gift (that’s not an iron or a hoover!) this could be your ticket!
Are y’all following me on instagram?
Instagram: @thepharmersjournal. Come say hi!
What are your plans for Mother’s Day?
I’ll hopefully see some of you at the Le Cheile for Oscar afternoon tea! xo