After a brief mini vaykaysh from The Pharmer’s Journal, I’m being eased back in today with a ‘Get To Know Me’ Liebster Award nomination loitering in my inbox.
If you’re new to the concept, the Liebster Award is a 10-part Q&A, which upon completion, the blogger nominates another batch of bloggahs – thereby hopefully publicising each site that lil bit more. I was tagged earlier today by the gorgeous Irish beauty blogger Eleanor, of Elliegant Beauty. Tnx bbz!!
What made you want to start blogging?
I created The Pharmer’s Journal in May 2015, on an absolute whim. I was going through a SRSLY stressful time (I won’t bore y’all with the deets but rest assured it’s a very FML tale to tell), and was subsequently plagued with insomnia and anxiety… Resulting in night after night of scrolling through blogs/youtube channels all day errday.
I found the whole blogisphere totally captivating and utterly distracting in the most therapeutic of ways. One evening my boyfriend was like – ‘Enough already – You own every single cosmetic those people are harpin’ an about. Start your own blog!’… And that, was that!
I’m still a complete newbie though and haven’t a notion what I’m at technologically, but I’m loving my new hobby thus far!
What’s your favourite highstreet retailer?
ZARA… Hands down. I could happily shop exclusively there for the rest of my weary days and not miss another clothes store!
What’s your favourite holiday destination?
With holidays I try to always go somewhere new if possible. Although this year I revisited Paris and Nice in pretty quick succession, so I guess France is one of my favourite destinations. I LOVE California, and would happily revisit the Orange County area/San Fran a million times over… My favourite holiday in recent years was probably Coachella in 2012, but not just regular Coachella, no no no! I did the Coachella Cruise, a one-off festival sailing around the Bahamas… Pretty amazeballs. Holiday-wise, I’ve a trip to Florence in the near future to look forward to, and a wedding in the Cayman Islands next Spring.
Are you a sweet tooth or savoury girl?
I’m a serious foodie, I want it all – Sweet and savoury. But if I had to choose, sweet would win. I could literally eat chocolate ’til the cows come home. And also desserts in general. Is wine sweet or savoury?!
Do you have any holy grail products?
I’m skincare OBSESSED at the mo, and am on the constant prowl for new favourites. My holy grail product itinerary is ever changing, but at the moment I am in love with the following –
- Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate – This oil based serum calms irritated skin/breakouts, whilst hydrating any dry areas. It’s magical! For a more detailed synopsis of this beauty click here.
- Dermalogica Intensive Eye Repair – Super hydrating, feels deliciously creamy on the skin yet sinks in quick smart. Love!
- Glamglow Youthmud – Yes, it actually is that good! I use this on dull, tired skin and within minutes my skin is glowing. It exfoliates, plumps, brightens and tightens fine lines… I absolutely adore it – It will forever be a holy grail product for me! (Be aware of Glamglow’s Supermud though, it wrecked my skin for a good week – I found it way too harsh and it broke me out big style. It should only be used by those with oily skin!)
- Lush H’suan Wen Hua Hair Mask – This is unraaaiilll! My hair’s a mare – curly, dry, bleached, heat damaged. I’m the queen of hair products and bomb through hair masks like no tomorrow. This mask is in a league of it’s own – It smells quite vile as hair masks go so there’s no pampering vibes with this one, but pop it on your head overnight and you’re hair will feel amazeballs upon awakening (and rinsing, obv).
- Nuxe Prodigieux Shower Oil – I’m all about Nuxe, and this shower gel is amazing. I know what you’re thinking, you’d prefer a lower-end shower gel so as to splurge on face products, but try this lil gem and you’ll be strung out on it.
- The Body Shop’s Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil – This is such a gorgeous product. I only discovered it a few months ago and am on my fourth bottle, it’s love. Click here for more praise!
Do you have any hobbies other than blogging?
Brunching, wine, Netflix, holidays!
What/Who is your favourite band/artist?
I could literally write a lenthy thesis on this one, but I’m gonna limit myself and go with Alt-J and Caribou. I pretty much always have either artists’ music playing in the background. (I also think Beyonce is only incred, natch.)
Do you have any celebrity crushes?
Eh, what. John Krasinski is the loveofmylife. Also love Louis Theraux. Ridey wise, obviously I love Ryan Gosling, Jake Gyllenhaal, Bradley Cooper etc. Finally Seth Cohen/Adam Brody (moreso Sethula though!) is the other loveofmylife.
What’s been your favourite life experience so far?
Is it shockingly bad that nothing instantly springs to mind?!
I brought my boyfriend to Rome for his 30th birthday last April which was an incredible weekend. What was meant to be a trip to San Francisco had to be side-tracked (see question number one), and subsequently after many tears and funds lost we made way to the Eternal City instead… Which turned out to be one of my favourite weekends ever. Rome is incredible – the architecture, food, wine, sunshine – It has it all. It’s absolutely stunning. I actually have a blog post on that weekend should you wish to browse – click here.
Do you have a favourite makeup brand?
Not particularly, I’m a total brand whore and generally choose to pick’n’mix. I do love Tarte though, which is a bitch as it’s yet to hit Irish shores. Their powders and mascaras are beauts. Also, not that I have a lot of it, but Charlotte Tilbury is probably the cosmetic brand I could stay faithful to. (Shoutout to Chaz if she want’s to hit me up!)
Drugstore end, I LOVE L’oreal. Only in the last year or two have I started to appreciate how high quality their products are. Their Infallible Stay Matte foundation is my go-to at the mo.
- Mini from Leopard and Spice
- Elisabeth from ElisabethRilatt
- Edel from A Dash of Lime
- Orla from The Orlacle
- Ciara from Food, Fashion and the Fight
- Rouge Writing Hood
- Leanne from Blather and Beauty
- Sarah Louise from The Small Town Girl
- Leanne from LPage Beauty
- Keva from Blunt Blonde
Snap to it ladies. The gig – Answer the aforementioned ten questions, then tag (up to 11!) bloggers to do the Q & A. It’s a BlogLovin tag, aimed at those with under 200 followers so choose accordingly!