Lord be with the days of accumulating magazines as beauty bibles – thanks to google ain’t nobody got time for that.
My subscription list to beauty bloggers is literally never ending; I love ’em all. Or at the very least I love ’em all to watch and marvel (think extreme contouring a la Nikkie Tutorials, or flawlessly in your face makeup a la Jaclyn Hill). BUT when it comes to more wearable MUOTDs, and/or genuine skincare reviews I trust, my feed narrows to those more realistic…
My Top Five?!
- Starting with the queen of skincare – the blunt, knowledgeable and hilarious Caroline Hirons. Her extensive expertise knows no bounds, and subsequently she’s my go-to when debating high-end purchases. Whilst her site is quite basic (looking), it’s also a treasure trove of beauty loot. Caroline is all about skincare, less about makeup and her posts/videos are always practical, engaging and concise. The only downside?! You’ll rarely hear her harping on about affordable brands – she’s pretty much exclusively high end. So prepare to spend top dollar.
- For make-up tutes (!), I’m currently in LAVE with Michelle Crossan (Beauty Life Michelle) , a gorge malorge Irish lady based in Sydney. Beauty youtubers are ten a penny at the mo’, but what (selfishly) separates Michelle’s videos in my feed is simples – her hair/skin/eye colouring is identical to mine. I highly recommend sieving through the legions of youtube gurus to find your complexion match – you can’t really go wrong with regards to their #MUOTDs and the likes.
- Across the pond is Tati (Glam Life Guru) whose beauty stash knows no bounds. Less blogger more youtuber, there’s rarely a product launch she misses – High end/ drug store/ hair/ skin/ makeup/ invasive treatments; Tati’s gotcha covered! Thanks to our differing skin types I’m not always a fan of her recommendations, BUT her reviews are totally honest, and the sheer quantity of beauty shrapnel she ploughs through has to be applauded…
- Celebrity MUA extraordinaire Lisa Eldridge is another holy grail, thanks to her top notch blog and celebrity inspired tutorials. Her recommendations never fail, and her makeovers are beautifully wearable – zero harsh contouring in sight.
- Which brings me to Kathleen Lights, a Florida based beauty youtuber. I’m rating Kathleen above other similar style bloggers I adore (Fleur De Force, Vivianne Does Make Up etc) for the simple reason that anything I’ve bought on her recommendation I’ve adored. She tends to highlight the cream of affordable crops – think NYX, L’oreal, Rimmel etc, meaning drugstore gems feature heavily. Also, her dehydrated/dry skin type matches mine, and therefore what skincare and makeup bases she loves, I love!
Who features in your must read/watch/follow?!